On Tuesday (5/4), the social media account of Elex Media Komputindo‘s comic editors posted a list of the publisher’s ten best-selling comics for March 2022. The second volume of Blue Lock takes the top spot, followed by the 13th volume of Moriarty the Patriot and the manga adaptation of Doraemon film, Doraemon Movie Story: Dinosaurus Baru Nobita (Doraemon: Nobita’s New Dinosaur), in the second and third place.
Sambil sahur mimin mau post #elexcomictop10 edisi Maret🤩
Selamat yg dah masuk ya🚀 pic.twitter.com/hwlEhw305U
— Editor Komik Elex-Level Comics (@comic_lxlc) April 4, 2022
Here is the full list of Elex Media’s best-selling comics in March 2022:
- Blue Lock 2 (released on 9 March 2022)
- Moriarty the Patriot 13 (released on 16 March 2022)
- Doraemon Movie Story: Dinosaurus Baru Nobita (released on 16 March 2022)
- Q.E.D. iff 5 (released on 2 March 2022)
- Shaman King Complete Edition 5 (released on 23 March 2022)
- C.M.B 41 (released on 2 March 2022)
- Fight!! Ippo 127 (released on 16 March 2022)
- Teasing Master, Takagi 5 (released on 23 March 2022)
- STAR & DUST -Don`t Worry, Be Happy!- 2 (released on 16 March 2022)
- Ruler of the Land 81 (released on 23 March 2022)
Written by Muneyuki Kaneshiro and illustrated by Yusuke Nomura, the story of Blue Lock began with Japan’s elimination from the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The elimination prompts the Japan Football Union to start a program for high-school football players in preparation for the 2022 World Cup. The Union initiates a prison-like training institution called Blue Lock, which isolates 300 young forwards and puts them through rigorous training to create “the world’s greatest egoistic striker”. Blue Lock began its serialization in Kodansha’s Weekly Shounen Magazine in August 2018.
Written by Ryosuke Takeuchi and illustrated by Hikaru Miyoshi, Moriarty the Patriot tells the story of William James Moriarty, the archnemesis of Sherlock Holmes. Moriarty, who grows tired of the class conflict in his country, becomes a “crime consultant”. He aims to destroy the British ruling class by helping lower class citizens become a criminal. The manga is serialized in Shueisha’s Jump Square since August 2016.
Elex Media Komputindo is a comics publisher under the Kompas-Gramedia Group. The publisher releases licensed foreign comics, including manga, and also Indonesian comics. Since 2005, Elex Media also published comics that were intended for adult audiences under the new imprint called Level Comics.
The Indonesian Anime Times