On 1 Januari 2021, Indonesian publisher Elex Media Komputindo has announced the list of their best selling comics in 2020. Unlike the previous two years when the top position was taken by Gosho Aoyama’s Detective Conan, taking the top spot this year is the 25th volume of Takeshi Maekawa‘s Kung Fu Boy Legends (Tekken Chinmi Legends).
Here is the list of the top 25 best-selling comics from Elex Media in the year 2020 as announced in Elex Media’s editors of comics’ Twitter post. The list only includes the best-selling volumes of each series.
- Kung Fu Boy Legends vol. 25 (released February 2020)
- Boruto – Naruto Next Generation vol. 5 (released February 2020)
- One Piece vol. 91 (released January 2020)
- Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba vol. 1 (released May 2020)
- Detective Conan two-in-one omnibus edition vol. 1 (released March 2020)
- Dragon Ball Super vol. 9 (released March 2020)
- Detective Conan vol. 97 (released November 2020)
- Attack on Titan vol. 28 (Level Comics, released March 2020)
- Kindaichi 37 Tahun (Kindaichi 37-sai no Jikenbo) vol. 1 (released February 2020)
- One Punch Man vol. 19 (released March 2020)
- Spy x Family vol. 1 (released October 2020)
- The Quintessential Quintuplets vol. 2 (released March 2020)
Boruto, Demon Slayer, Dragon Ball Super, Spy x Family, Kindaichi 37 Tahun, and The Quintessential Quintuplets are printed on book paper and retail for IDR 40,000 (about US$ 2.8), except for Spy x Family vol. 1 which retails for IDR 45,000 (about US$ 3.2) because of some colored pages and Kindaichi 37 Tahun, which retail for IDR 42,000 (about US$ 3). Detective Conan omnibus retails for IDR 65,000 (about US$), Kung Fu Boy Legends, One Piece, Detective Conan, and Attack on Titan retails between IDR 27,000 to IDR 30,000 (around US$ 2).
Further list can be seen in the thread below:
Menyambut Tahun Baru…
ini dia 12 Best-nya🥳🎉
🎆HAPPY NEW YEAR🎆✨🎉
— Editor Komik Elex-Level Comics (@comic_lxlc) December 31, 2020
Kung Fu Boy Legends is the third and currently ongoing series of Takeshi Maekawa’s Kung Fu Boy (Tekken Chinmi) manga. The manga as a whole tell about the adventures of Chinmi, a boy trained in martial arts from Dairin Temple. The first Kung Fu Boy series was serialized in Kodansha’s Monthly Shonen Magazine from 1983 to 1997 and ended with 35 collected volumes. The sequel series, New Kung Fu Boy (Shin Tekken Chinmi) was serialized in the same magazine from 1997 to 2004 and finished with 20 collected volumes. The current Kung Fu Boy Legends series is also serialized in the same magazine since 2006 and has been collected into 27 volumes at the time of this writing.
Elex Media Komputindo is a comics publisher under the Kompas-Gramedia Group. The publisher releases licensed foreign comics, including manga, and also Indonesian comics. Since 2005, Elex Media also published comics that intended for mature audience under the new imprint called Level Comics.
The Indonesian Anime Times