On Friday (5/11), the social media account of Elex Media Komputindo‘s comic editors posted a list of the publisher’s ten best-sellings in October 2021. The tenth volume of Boruto: Naruto Next Generations takes the top spot, while The Quintessential Quintuplets and Kanojo Okarishimasu: Rent A Girlfriend are listed in the second and third place.
Here is the list of Elex Media’s best-selling comics in October 2021:
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations vol. 10 (released on 6 October)
- The Quintessential Quintuplets vol. 12 (released on 13 October)
- Kanojo Okarishimasu: Rent A Girlfriend vol. 5 (released on 13 October )
- 100 Days Left!! vol. 3 (released on 13 October)
- Mob Psycho 100 vol. 6 (released on 13 October)
- Teasing Master, Takagi vol. 3 (released on 13 October)
- Komi Sulit Berkomunikasi (Komi-san wa Komyu-shou desu) vol. 10 (released on 20 October)
- Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest vol. 5 (released on 20 October)
- Actor Wannabe Endo Kun vol. 2(released on 13 October)
- Gyoro si Kelinci Young (Usa Gyoro!) (released on 6 October)
— Editor Komik Elex-Level Comics (@comic_lxlc) November 4, 2021
Boruto, The Quintessential Quintuplets, Kanojo Okarishimasu, Mob Psycho, Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest 100, and Actor Wannabe Endo Kun are printed on book paper and retail for IDR 40,000 (about US$ 2.8), except for 100 Days Left!! which retails for IDR 45.000 (about US$ 3.14). Meanwhile, Komi Sulit Berkomunikasi retails for IDR 28,000 (about US$ 1.97).
Currently serialized in Shueisha’s V Jump, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations is a spin-off and sequel of Naruto, a manga series created by Masashi Kishimoto. It tells the story of Boruto Uzumaki, son of the Seventh Hokage Naruto Uzumaki, in his journey to find his own path of the ninja. Originally, the manga is written by Ukyo Kodachi and drawn by Mikio Ikemoto. In November 2020, Kodachi stepped down and Kishimoto took over as writer.
Elex Media Komputindo is a comics publisher under the Kompas-Gramedia Group. The publisher releases licensed foreign comics, including manga, and also Indonesian comics. Since 2005, Elex Media also published comics that were intended for adult audiences under the new imprint called Level Comics.
The Indonesian Anime Times.